Learn About Symptom Relief for Patients with Heart Failure. The American Lung Association has a slogan “When you can’t breathe, nothing else matters”. And that is particulary true for patients with end-stage cardiac disease. But the good news is that we have treatment approaches that can help and that is where palliative medicine comes in. I’m pleased to welcomes Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and palliative medicine specialist, Dr. Todd Barrett.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: REVIEW Palliative Care
Domains; and REVIEW Symptom Burden and Treatment in Heart Failure.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Heart conditions that benefit from palliative medicine
- Opioid selection and strategies for use
- Opioid side effects
- Fluid management strategies to improve shortness of breath
- SGLT2 inhibitors
- Palliative care versus hospice care
- Incorporating palliative care into usual cardiac care
- COVID-19 related challenges in providing palliative care
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.