CME Webcast Teaches on Esophageal and Gastric Motility Disorders. Today, we now know a lot more about gastrointestinal motility disorders and we now have many new treatments to offer patients who previously had no hope for improvement. Joining our moderator to tell us all about esophageal and gastric motility disorders is gastroenterologist and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Gokul Bala.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DESCRIBE the approach and management of achalasia and persistent reflux; and DISCUSS the approach and management of gastroparesis.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Symptoms of esophageal and gastric motility disorders
- Common causes of dysphagia
- Management of high gastric residuals by nasogastric tube
- Indications for J-tubes
- Medications that can affect gastric and esophageal motility
- Surgical myotomy versus PerOral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Esophagram versus modified barium swallow with speech therapy
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.