CME Webcast Discusses Complex Pain Management. On this CME webcast, we’re going to acquaint you with procedures and strategies used in comprehensive pain management that can relieve pain and suffering without risking promotion of addiction. Joining moderator today are pain management specialists from the Ohio State University. Dr. Whitney Luke is an Assistant Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. And Dr. Melissa Tornero-Bold is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DISCUSS the role
of injection and neuromodulation therapy as well as identification of appropriate patients for referral for interventional treatment; and DESCRIBE updated Ohio state regulatory laws for opioid prescribing.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- Training process for pain management specialists
- Common procedures used in pain management
- Team approach to chronic back pain
- Acupuncture in the management of complex pain
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Unique challenges of cancer pain
- Normal duration of post-operative pain
- Management of chronic post-operative pain
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Physical therapy
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.