Video Editor Overview
- Edits video recorded by a videographer, during an event, in a studio, or from a meeting,
- Edits video footage from reality TV shows, sporting events, and practices of sports teams
- Performs editing for movies, commercials, YouTube channels, and sporting events
What companies need Video Editors?
This person can find roles in professional sports teams such as in the NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL. They can also find opportunities in many organizations such as the federal government, state government, and city government. Editors work for companies like ESPN, Netflix, Marriott, Hilton, Linked In, universities, and medical centers. Almost every company has video editors involved in their organization. With all the e-learning courses that are developed today, video editors have become even more important.
What skills are needed?
To be successful as a video editor, you’ll need to be an expert in the following:
- Knowing how to use Mac and Windows operating system.
- Demonstrating proficiency with computers
- Knowing and understanding concepts of videography
- Understanding how to use Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, and other non-linear editors
- Knowing how to use tools in the Adobe Creative Suite such as: Photoshop and After Effects.
- Understanding three point editing, how to add graphics, create effects, tweak audio, and export/encode videos
What’s great about the career?
Editing videos can be a lot of fun. The task gives you a chance to use your creativity and continue to grow in your profession. Like with videographers, video editors get to work on some really great projects.
Author – DaleshTV (CC BY-SA 4.0) – No changes made