Streaming Consultant Overview
- Provides expertise on streaming video
- Helps organizations with their streaming needs
- Provides expertise on video encoding, live streaming, and on-demand streaming
- Helps with live streaming events or special projects
What companies need Streaming Consultant?
Streaming consultants are needed at companies like Apple, Hulu, Amazon Studios, Netflix, Microsoft, NASA, PBS, CBS, NBC, MLB, NFL, universities, and other organizations.
What skills are needed?
To be successful as a streaming consultant you’ll need to be an expert in the following:
- Understanding codecs and various compression settings
- Knowing how to implement streaming media players
- Demonstrating knowledge of video encoding tools and live streaming tools
- Knowing how to make videos look good for live streaming and on-demand streaming
- Understanding HTML5 features supported in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
What’s great about the career?
This role is often better than the role of individuals in production because their job is specific
to creating great streaming video experiences.