Graphic Designer Overview
- Designs graphics for websites, TV shows, news programs, and commercials
- Creates brochures, business cards, billboards, books, Magazines
- Designs graphics and images for ROKU, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV channels
What companies need Graphic Designers?
Graphic designers can work almost anywhere. Their opportunities include working in places such as the following: ABC News, CNN, Facebook, Microsoft, CBS News, Ohio State University, NHL, and Amazon.
What skills are needed?
To be successful as a graphic designer you’ll need to be an expert in the following:
- Understanding and knowing how to use of Adobe Creative Suite products such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and InDesign.
- Demonstrating an eye for creativity and understanding how to manipulate and create images
- Knowing how to create the correct color spaces and layouts of print, web, and video design
- Understanding design fundamentals
What’s great about the career?
You can find a job anywhere and often your work can be seen by many!