- Directs news programs within professional news organizations
- Provides instructions to camera operators, audio technicians, floor directors, and technical directors
- Manages studio crew during recordings for live news, live events, or recorded programs
- Directs videographers, talent, guests, and production assistants during video shoots
- Directs crews when shooting movies
What companies need Directors?
Directors can find jobs directing programs for networks such as Bravo, MTV, BET, Amazon
Studios, and HULU.
To be successful as a director you’ll need to be an expert in the following:
- Understanding all roles required in media productions
- Having the ability to direct videographers and the production team
- Understanding director cues in studio productions
- Being able to talk and communicate to the production team during studio productions
- Demonstrating how to be vocal and a good communicator during productions
- Demonstrating assertiveness during productions
What’s great about the career?
You get to control the entire production in this role. There’s a great level of excitement, energy
and adrenaline that you experience as director. You get to work on some exciting projects and
often get a chance to travel to some cool places.