January Reflection

January was a pretty good start to the year for me. I actually learned something in calc! Crazy, I know. We are learning how to find the volume of weird 3D shapes on a graph using washer and shell method. Super fun and exciting. I know that that’s not very interesting to most people, and it’s not interesting to me, but I’m just happy that I’m still capable of learning new things about math. Last semester was not reassuring in that regard. That’s not to say that this information is easier to understand, but that I have a better way of learning it. I’m also in a class specifically for MATLAB  programming. The professor is super nice and I like him a lot. He mentioned one day that OSU has a “super computer” or several? I’m not sure the details but I guess that’s pretty cool. It doesn’t surprise me, but had he not mentioned it, I probably wouldn’t have thought about it much. Not sure what it’s used for though. learned that if I don’t run I never get hungry. And I really like to eat so I think I’m gonna start running again. I miss it. I don’t even know why I stopped, I kinda just did. Not quite a new year’s resolution, but definitely something I’m gonna try to do more. I am struggling to find the love I once had in Morrill pizza. Last semester I would order two every day they were available. Now they are just not the same. Like I think it’s all the same ingredients and everything, but now it just tastes bland. Now, I’m still going to order them whenever I can, but it’s not the same. Maybe I’ll see a therapist about it. Something I’ve achieved? Hmmmm. Feels like I haven’t done much of that recently. I mean I applied to the pre-environmental engineering major. I wouldn’t call that an achievement, but it’s certainly progress.