My First Week at OSU

My first week of college has been eye-opening and exhilarating. From learning my way around campus to navigating the bus system, each experience has helped me grow into myself and gain an enhanced independence. Campus has quickly become a home away from home. My favorite places on campus are Thompson Library, the Union, and the 18th Ave Library because they are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. One of the best ways to get to know campus is to explore the dining options scattered throughout. Despite a severely decreases appetite, some of the best places to visit are the Union Market with all of its choices to go, K-Comm with its quaint atmosphere, and Scott’s with two floors of seemingly endless options. The all-day breakfast is perfect for all of the pancake enthusiasts out there like me. The campus dining halls are just the beginning of the food scene in Columbus that I’ve encountered during my first week. Nothing beats Waffle House at 4am or the refreshing taste of Bibibop on a sweltering day. My excitement for the food is only outmatched by my excitement for classes. While having a difficult schedule that includes both biology and chemistry, I was nervous for classes to truly begin and to be tested in how well I would perform in the college environment. As of now, the classes have been interesting, engaging, and thought-provoking, however, I’m sure the difficulty will increase. All in all, my first week has been full of new (and delicious) experiences that leave me craving more.