Reminder: CALL FOR PAPERS: The 23rd Biennial Conference of the European Association for Chinese Studies (EACS 2020) – Deadline: 6 Jan 2020
As the end of 2019 is quickly approaching, we would like to remind those interested that the EACS 2020 papers and panels submission deadline is 6 January 2020, 6 pm CET.
The EACS 2020 will be held at Leipzig University (Germany) from 25 August 2020 to 29 August 2020. Local organisation is provided by the Institute of East Asian Studies, Leipzig University. The EACS biennial conference is the biggest Chinese Studies meeting in Europe, typically featuring between 400 and 500 paper presentations.
Scholars of Chinese Studies are invited to submit their proposals for contributions in these categories:
- Archaeology & Material Culture
- Chinese as a Second Language
- Contemporary Arts, Performing Arts & Art History
- Gender & Queer
- History (Modern)
- History (Premodern)
- History of Science and Technology
- Language & Linguistics
- Literature (Modern)
- Literature (Premodern)
- Philosophy & Intellectual History
- Politics (Domestic)
- Politics (International Relations)
- Sinology & Sociology of Scientific Knowledge
- Sinophone Worlds
- Sociology & Anthropology
The board accepts proposals in the following formats of participation:
- Panel proposal: max. 250 words, including the name of the panel organiser, the chair, participants, and optionally a discussant; 3–4 paper abstracts with a maximum of 250 words for each abstract.
- Individual paper proposal: max. 250 words.
- Alternative formats: max. 250 words, when applicable, please include the name of the organiser, the chair, and participants with an explanation of the chosen format (e.g. workshops and tutorials, film screenings) and presentation/contribution abstracts (max. 250 words each).
For further information on the conference and proposal submission, please go to https://conference.uni-leipzig.de/eacs2020/.
Thorben Pelzer, M.A.
Section for Chinese Studies
East Asia Institute
Room S-319 (PF 132701)