We are pleased to announce that the 32nd North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL-32), will be held at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, on April 24 – 26, 2020. The theme of NACCL-32 is collaborativity and interdisciplinarity in Chinese linguistic studies.
NACCL-32 invite abstracts in all subfields of Chinese linguistics, including but not limited to, phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, dialectology, historical linguistics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and corpus linguistics. We particularly encourage submissions that are relevant to our conference theme: connectivity, collaborativity and interdisciplinarity in Chineese linguistic studies. Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be allotted 20 minutes to present their research and 10 minutes to answer questions. Abstracts and presentations can be given in either English or Mandarin Chinese.
In conjunction with NACCL-32, we are organizing an International Symposium on Chinese as a Second Language (CSL) Pronunciation. The symposium serves as a platform for phoneticians, phonologists, and language practitioners to interact with each other to promote the understanding of L2 Chinese speech. We are particularly interested in the following issues: the acquisition and processing of L2 Chinese segments, tones, intonation and rhythm; accentedness, intelligibility, and comprehensibility of L2 Chinese; fluency, emotion and prosody of L2 Chinese; psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic studies on L2 Chinese speech.
Abstract deadline: Tuesday, October 1st, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Abstract submission guidelines:
- Abstracts for both the regular sessions and the symposium, including titles, data, and references, must fit onto one A4 page, with at least 1-inch (or 2.54 cm) margins on all four sides and in 11 pt font (or 5 号字) or larger.
- Within the one A4 page limit, abstracts should be around 500 words (English) or 800 characters (Chinese).
- Abstracts must be anonymous, without any identifiable author information.
- Authors may maximally submit one single-authored abstract and one co-authored abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically in pdf format, via the EasyChair platform (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/naccl_2020
No email or hardcopy submissions will be considered.
– 摘要截稿日期为 2019 年 10 月 1 日（星期二）。
– 请通过 EasyChair 系统网上提交摘要：http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/naccl_2020。 恕不考虑通过其他方式提交的摘要 。
Chunsheng Yang (Ph. D)
Associate professor of Chinese
University of Connecticut