AAS 2020 panel invitation

Dear All,

Greetings! My name is Seungyop Shin, a Ph.D. Candidate majoring in modern Korean history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am organizing a panel for the 2020 AAS Conference which is going to be held in Boston. I would like to invite a panelist, particularly a modern Chinese historian or cultural studies scholar, who will join our group and work with us to present at the next year’s conference.

The theme of our panel is titled, “Engaging beyond Borders: Transnational Mobility, Encounters, and Interactions across Modern East Asia,” and we currently have three panelists who, respectively, examine Korean diplomats/intellectuals traveling abroad during the late nineteenth century, Japanese merchants/traders across port cities in East Asia during the early twentieth century, and Korean/Chinese migrant workers in Northern China, Korea, and Russia during the early twentieth century.

If you are interested to know more about our panel or to join us, please contact me (sshin54@wisc.edu). We will be looking forward to working with you. Thank you very much.

SEUNGYOP SHIN <sshin54@wisc.edu>