From: Shaoyi SUN <email@example.com>
Free Summer School at Shanghai Theater Academy, 2017
The students will study three courses: Chinese opera, Chinese culture, Chinese language. The main course is the traditional Chinese opera, which is composed of the learning of Chinese opera steps and movements, water sleeve routines, spear and sword routines, and selected scene work. Chinese culture and language are supporting courses for students to better understand the essence of traditional Chinese culture. During the program, the students will have the opportunity to see traditional Chinese opera shows and take field trips.
June 15– July 6, 2017
Chinese opera: 64 lessons
Chinese culture: 9 lessons
Chinese Opera Introduction: 16 lessons
Chinese languages: 16 lessons
April 15 2017
The attendance rate over 90% is required for the program. At the end of the program, the students will be assessed in the form of a reporting performance. The certificate of completion will be issued on passing the assessment and getting the required attendance rate.
Tuition fee: free
International flight expenses: to be borne by the students
Lodging: free, provided by Shanghai Theatre Academy
Living subsidy: 50 yuan/day, provided by Shanghai Theatre Academy
Deposit：40 USD. Student who has been enrolled should transfer 40USD to STA as deposit .The deposit will be returned on the registration day by RMB.
Name：SHANGHAI THEATRE ACADEMY
Bank：China Construction Bank, Shanghai Yanan Road Branch
Bank Add：200 Zhen Ning Road, Shanghai, China
1. Foreign students between 16 and 30 years old. University students preferred.
2. Interested in Chinese culture, and willing to learn China opera
3. Priority is given to students focusing on Chinese studies or with art background like acting and dancing .
4. Students from non-English speaking country should be able to communicate in English fluently and need to provide some certificate which can prove your English level when you apply.
1. Passport copy;
2. 2 photos of 2 inches and one ordinary life photo
3. Application form (available via the below contact)
4. University certificate;
5. Resume and other materials related to the application.
Please send the above materials to:
Foreign Students Office
Shanghai Theatre Academy
630 Huashan Road, Shanghai, China
Students shall apply for and receive the visa with at least one-month stay in China in their own countries.
Students shall take care of their own personal accident insurance for the stay in China