Ag Days will be held at the Hocking County Fairgrounds on the weekend of April 8th and 9th. Extension will have several events, programs and presentations during the festival.
First up is the Pie Baking Contest
Do you have what it takes to take down the CHAMP????
The Hocking County 4-H Youth Board will hold a Pie Bake-Off on Saturday, April 8 as part of Ag Days. Pies should be brought to the Youth Center, located on the Hocking County Fairgrounds before 9:15 AM on April 8. Judging begins at 9:30 AM with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places being awarded. All pies must be in a disposable container. The winning pies will be auctioned at 10 AM. All types of pies will be accepted. Please call OSU Extension at 740-385-3222 for more information. All pies/proceeds benefit the Hocking Co. Youth Board.
Two other events on Saturday at Ag Days are:
- Hocking County Farm Bureau Workers Comp credits are available by attending a two hour presentation in the Soil and Water Room from 10 – Noon
- First Hour 10 – 11 “Updates on The Veterinary Feed Directive”
- Second Hour 11-12 Ag Safety.
- Anyone can attend either or both hours, for full credit for Farm Bureau, both hours need attended.
- Pollinators for Vegetables – For kids of all ages
- 1 – 2pm, at the Children’s Education Garden. We will be planting some seeds for both veggies and pollinators and have some pollinator seed packets to hand out as well.
Hoping that we do not have a blizzard for Ag Days like last year!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.