Local resident Russell Jenkins stopped in with this mushroom that he found in his yard. By his estimation it weighed between three and three and a half pounds and was 8″ x 8″ x 7″ in size.
Unfortunately my knowledge of edible vs poisonous mushrooms was not accurate enough to advise whether to eat this or not. I did promise Russell however someday I will be an expert. Learning about foraging for edible wild mushrooms is on my to do list for someday.
Do you want to learn about such things? Make sure you have become an expert before you try or you might regret it. The mushroom Russell brought in could very well be edible, but like most mushrooms there is a close relative of it that is poison.
Some helpful Links