When reading through the G.O.A.L.S. descriptions, I find myself connecting with many of the common themes that Honors and Scholars students strive for. In thinking about my future here at OSU, the Academic Enrichment category stands out to me at first. One of my goals this academic year is to add more classes that I enjoy and that can overall enhance my engagement in the University. I want to add either the Quantitative Economics minor or the Film Studies minor. Both of these minors sound very interesting to me, and I think by adding one of them to my plan, I can become a more engaged student. Going along with that, another goal I have set for myself is to utilize more of OSU’s resources, specifically professor office hours. It was only until last week that I went to my first office hour with my Statistics professor; I did not realize how critical of a resource she was and how easily accessible she made herself.

I plan to study abroad next year, as a third year, and  continue to learn more and more about other cultures. I am currently involved with the Second Year Transformational Experience Program and plan to finish that process to help spearhead my study abroad opportunity. While abroad, I want to gain a deeper understanding for the global world of business. I am particularly interested in international monetary economics and international trade and investment and hopefully will participate in a program that highlights aspects of that industry. I then plan to utilize the information I learn abroad and integrate it into a new project I plan to start. Throughout this year, I want to start a new club here at OSU. I have noticed over the past year and a half that there is not a business club that aims more towards “underdogs” if you will. I want to create a club that helps all years learn more about the basics of business; in a way, a professional development club. This will hopefully help me better enhance my leadership skills.

Along with potentially starting a new club, I plan to apply to be a Student Coordinator for Mount my junior year. I want to continue to be an active participant in Mount, as well as continue to participate in all the service we get to do. I am currently in the process of completing a goal I set for myself last year: completing 75 hours of service in my greater Columbus community. Along with that, I plan to continue in my role as Secretary for the Barrett-Nosker Governing Organization. Continuing to be an active part of Mount as well as my involvement in Student Housing, I have more opportunities to better engage the communities I am home to: Columbus and The Ohio State University.