1. The pet store has 37 gold fish. The manager needs to buy fish bowls for the fish. She can only put three fish in each of the fish bowls. How many bowls does she need to buy?
2. Tyson has 7 cows, 4 horses, and some chickens on his farm. How many legs do the farm animals have in all? Explain your answer. Could there be 33 legs in all?
3. The Cardinals and Raiders needs 49 points to win a game. The Cardinals’ score is less than 28 points. How many points did the Raiders need win the game?
4. If a chicken lays 3 eggs a day, how long will it take the farmer to collect 5 dozen eggs?
5. One worker at Kroger Bakery can make 24 loaves of bread in one hour. Each worker has an 8 hour shift. At the end of the shift, the worker must pack his or her bread into cartons. If each carton contains the same number of loaves, what are some possible ways to pack the loaves into cartons?
6. What if you had 24 pieces of candy for yourself and some friends? How many friends could you share the candy with and how many would you each get? Remember to be fair and share the candy equally. Show and explain how you solved the problem. What happens if you share the 24 pieces of candy with a different number of friends? Show and explain how you solved the problem. How many different ways could the candy be shared equally among friends?
7. Choose two numbers and compare them. Which one is smaller and how much smaller. Tell how you know.