This year, Beyond the Classroom Math Summer Camp focuses on Music and Math. There are in-person and virtual options available, both are free of cost.
Dates and Times
- In-person High School Camp (rising 10th to 12th grades)
- June 6th to 10th, 9 am to 2 pm
- In-person Middle School Camp (rising 7th to 9th grades)
- June 13th to 17th, 10 am to 2 pm
- Virtual Camp (grades rising 7th and above)
- June 27th to July 1st
- The virtual camp has a flexible schedule. Students can work at their own times and pace, but are expected to touch base two times a day during the regularly scheduled Zoom calls at 9 am and 3 pm and to submit their work to the online platform. The platform is open 24 hours, but instructors will be available for feedback and questions 9 am to 4 pm. Work submitted after 4 pm will be reviewed the next day. (Since the schedule is flexible, there’s no such thing as “late work.”)
Applications are now closed. If you applied before June 3rd and have not received a decision notification about your application via email, please make sure to check you spam or alternative mailboxes. If you still cannot find the email, contact us at email@example.com
If attending in-person, you will be automatically assigned to middle school (rising 7th to 9th) or high school (rising 10th to 12th) according to your age and grade. The math content is exactly the same for the middle and high school camps and the only prerequisite is elementary school math. The reason for splitting into the two sections obeys only to behavioral and developmental differences between the two age groups, rather than how advanced students are in math.
How does a virtual camp work?
You can try a reduced version of last year’s virtual summer camp to get an idea! The topic of BTC 2021 was Math Magic and the content is available as a self-paced free online course here.