Module 6- How to Research

Hello everybody,

After going through this week’s module, I have been able to find some new ways of becoming more efficient in my research techniques. One important thing that sticks out to me is to have fun with your research. Whatever you are attempting to research, don’t limit yourself to broad and generalized information, challenge yourself to dissect the topic at hand in order to gain a better familiarity of what you are researching. If we allow ourselves to stop at our first bite of the apple in our research, we will lose the ability to have a complete understanding of the topic being researched. I have begun to employ some of the new methods from the article listed below from this week’s module in order to improve my researching abilities. I have started to challenge myself to create three questions, which stem from the main question that I am researching, which help to narrow my focus on the topic chosen to research. Also, by doing this, I get to see if there is a better way of addressing the topic of interest and crafting the optimal blueprint for fostering the development of the idea chosen. I think that I will try the mapping method that is used in the video next because of the ability to see the ideas visually in a concise manner, and then using these to orchestrate better questions in order to enhance the focus of what I am researching. Hopefully some of you can try some of these strategies and possibly craft your own ways of enhancing your research.

https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/chapter/developing-research-question/