Module 5- Note Taking

Hello Guys,

During this week’s module I have tried out a new method for taking notes, the Cornell method. While I found some useful takeaways that I will take with me now, I still like my original outline method better. Although I have come to this realization, I realize that for many of you, there is still a wander as to which strategy works best for you. I feel that after watching the video on five different strategies, which included the Cornell method that I decided to try out this week, I learned that perhaps a mixing of various elements of each strategy may produce the most optimal results, as well as any other student, no matter what the course of study is. I believe that for all students or future students, there needs to come a time in which you feel comfortable and confident in your ability to take notes effectively. While this process comes with constant tweaking, allowing yourself to be flexible in how you approach your note taking yet structured, ultimately will help to ensure that whatever strategies that we employ, will work effectively, and if not, they will be tweaked. I hope everybody will start to consider the ways in which they could improve their present abilities in note taking, as any improvements will allow us to become more active listeners and better readers in terms of comprehension and active reading as well. https://youtu.be/AffuwyJZTQQ