[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
- Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.
- Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
- Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
- Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
- Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
My career goals is to be a Human Factors Engineer. I am currently working on my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. I plan to specialize in Human Factors in graduate school so I can be well equipped to do my job.
One of my most prideful projects I have done so far is my Informational Interview with senior Human Factors Engineer Michael LaMarr. I got to learn more about my future career and I got to practice the process of reaching out to someone and conducting an interview. I found the project very beneficial and I am glad I got the opportunity to do it.
Hello! My name is Ava Martellaro and I am a first year psychology major at the Ohio State University. I plan to go to graduate school, specialize in Human Factors, and pursue a career in Human Factors Engineering. My interest in psychology goes deeper than just academics. Emotional and mental well being is one of my passions and my biggest goal is to figure out a way to live my life the happiest and fullest it can be. Another two of my interests are data analysis and video production. I enjoy running statistical analysis tests, interpreting data, and conducting research experiments. I have experience with research and I plan to continue doing it in college. I also enjoy the process of film producing. I enjoy writing scripts, shooting and directing, and editing a video. I also hope to continue doing this in college as well.
I am apart of the Media, Marking, and Communications (MMC) Scholars group at the Ohio State University. In this program I take the video and public speaking project group, do group projects involving my career, and I learn about various technology and software that will be useful in my day to day life.
In terms of school involvement, I am apart of SKY, Positive Psychology club, Pride, and First Year Qmunnity. In SKY and Positive Psychology club, I get to meditate, learn about mental well being, and share my passion of wellness with others like me. In Pride and First Year Qmunnity, I get to engage in discussions and meet other LGBTQ members. I find these clubs helpful because learning and accepting my identity has been a difficult journey and having that supportive community makes it easier.
For fun, I enjoy exploring campus, reading, listening to music, meditating and spending time with friends and family. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!