True Colors Reflection

My “True Color” was orange. This was the competitive, outgoing, adventurous color. I found this very fitting for my personality. I believe I am a very outgoing, talkative, and extroverted person. I can use these traits to my advantage by getting to know more people, and by building stronger relationships with the people I already know within this scholar group. This can help me in the future because I then will have more connections. I can also benefit from my extroverted personality, by trying to get more people involved. This will not only help myself, but it will help others, which is one of my main goals in life. I could take the opportunity to invite my fellow DSWS members to go out and do more active things within our community. This may also benefit the community because we could be doing volunteer work. DSWS has a lot of very willing people, who want to get out and help the community. I could use my courageous and open-minded traits, described by the orange category, to organize these people and find places that need help. My color also describes me as opportunistic. This trait will greatly benefit me within this program, because I will be willing to jump on any opportunity that is given out to us, for example, in a weekly email. Being categorized under the orange color will also help me become a great leader. DSWS focuses on creating strong leaders, and with the traits an orange person possesses, I believe I will excel at this. A great leader is someone who is willing to take risks, to be daring, and to also be courageous. I believe I have all of these traits and they will help me be the great leader I want to be.