Department Medal for English

One of my greatest accomplishments, as mentioned in my About Me, would be my Department Medal for English. It is so important to me because it is like a physical representation of all of the work I’ve put into my writing and a reward for that hard work. Writing is one of my strongest assets and a gift I am so grateful for. This achievement taught me that all hard work is rewarded in some way or another. It also taught me to acknowledge my gifts and utilize them, as well as to treat everyone with kindness and respect. I hadn’t even known I’d received the medal until others informed me and, when I had asked a teacher about it, it turns out that I was head to head with another student but because of how I held myself in my classes, I was chosen to receive the medal. In my next steps, I feel that this was such a monumental thing for me. It put into perspective that writing is something that I would like to pursue. Thus, I am considering a degree in English with minors to supplement such as business and professional writing.