PROSPECTIVE GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Dr. Cheavens will be reviewing applications for the 2024-2025 academic year.
NOTE (as of December 2023)
We ARE NOT currently recruiting new research assistants. However, if interested, you may still apply and we will review your application if a position comes available. Please submit your application on our online application portal. Click here to access the online application portal.
General Research Assistant Information:
Research Participation Description:
Availability of at least 9 hours each week, for two consecutive semesters, is required for most research assistant positions.
Responsibilities may include:
Coding of qualitative data; Data entry; Conducting phone screens with potential research participants; Assisting with administration of assessment batteries; Programming studies; Running participants; Literature reviews.
An excellent opportunity for someone considering graduate school in psychology!
Special Qualifications Needed:
- Psychology major
- No later than first-semester junior
- Passion for research and psychology
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, good communication skills
- At least a two-semester commitment
- Students must complete CITI training on Human Subjects Research before beginning work in the lab
- Preference for students with a goal in seeking a graduate degree in clinical psychology