Mid-level managers are invited to attend a social hour with the Manage Up Committee and your colleagues in ESUE!
Please join the Manage Up Committee for a light breakfast and a coffee/beverage bar on Wednesday, March 14, from 8-9 am in SAS 285/289.
Please register by March 12 using the link in the email invitation.
This year, we’re excited to include our colleagues in Undergraduate Education, so all staff in Enrollment Services and Undergraduate Education are welcome! The event will be held on Wednesday, May 16th, from 7:30 am – 12 PM in Schoenbaum Hall, with the tentative schedule below:
- 7:30-8 am: Continental Breakfast and Registration
- 8-8:15 am: Welcome
- 8:15-9 am: Opening Speaker
- 9:10-10 am: Concurrent Sessions A
- 10:10-11 am: Concurrent Sessions B
- 11:10 – 12 pm: Concurrent Sessions C
Please check your email for the Save the Date and complete the included survey by February 28 so that we can make the day more valuable to you! We look forward to seeing you there!
This is a community leadership opportunity – please follow the link at the bottom for more information.
For the Future of Our City, For the City of Our Future.
Early Application Due Date: February 16 (Discounted Tuition)
Application Due Date: March 29
The Leadership Columbus Signature Program is a unique combination of relationship-building, learning, problem-solving, civic engagement and personal growth. It is a ten month experience designed to give participants the tools they need to become active and influential leaders in the community.
Learn more: http://www.leadershipcolumbus.org/about-leadership-columbus/signature-program/
USAC will begin accepting new member applications for the 2018-2021 term on February 1 through February 28, 2018. Join USAC leadership at one of the open information sessions about the committee that will be held at various locations across the Columbus campus:
- Tuesday, January 30, from 12-1 pm at 660 Ackerman Rd, Room 266-D
- Wednesday, January 31, from 12-1 pm at Graves Hall, Room 1195
- Thursday, February 1, from 12-1 pm at Bricker Hall, Room 385
- Friday, February 2, from 3-4 pm at Gerlach Hall, Room 265
Additional information on USAC’s new member process can also be found on https://usac.osu.edu/apply/
Should you have any questions, please contact Tom Gessells (USAC chair-elect) at gessells.2.
Please join us for our first Manage Up Meeting of 2018 on Friday January 26th from 10:30 am to 12:00 in SAS 285/289.
We have invited a special guest speaker as well as included important University updates in the agenda this month. Light refreshments will be served.
- Featured Guest Speaker: Jamal Luke, former OSU Football Player and Professional Leadership and Motivational Speaker
- Title IX Updates – Kelly Brennan
- Area Updates
We hope to see you there!
Questions may be directed to Vicki Miller (miller.6050).
Thank You – The Manage Up Planning Committee
Thank you to all of our presenters for sharing the following information at our October 25, 2017, meeting!
- OSU Emergency Management Plan with Robert Armstrong, Director of the Division of Emergency Management & Fire Prevention
- Revised Performance Management Tool by Raegan Schneider, the Director of Human Resources for Enrollment Services
Announcement: Our next Manage Up Session will be in January, and we will be having an outside speaker join us. He was a student-athlete here and has since become a motivational speaker. Please watch for more information soon!
The ES Manage Up planning committee cordially invites you to learn about the OSU Emergency Management Plan with regard to natural disasters and the revised Performance Management Tool. The presenters for this event are Robert Armstrong, Director of the Division of Emergency Management & Fire Prevention, and Raegan Schneider, the Director of Human Resources for Enrollment Services.
The event is scheduled for Wednesday, October 25th, from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm in SAS 285/289.
Questions may be directed to Lisa Delaney.177
Thank you to all who attended our new ES staff event! We are happy that you could join us. Please respond to the survey sent out after the event, if you have not already.
A big thank you also goes out to our speakers, including the Executive Leadership Team (ELT):
- Vern Granger, Interim Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Planning
- Diane Corbett, Executive Director – Student Financial Aid
- Rich Chappell, Executive Director – Graduate/Professional Admissions & the Imaging Center
- Keith Gehres, Director for Outreach/Recruitment with University Admissions
- Beth McGuffey, Executive Director – Marketing & Strategic Communications
- Kara Miller, Executive Director – Buckeye Link
- Jack Miner, University Registrar
- Raegan Schneider, Human Resources & Fiscal Director – spoke about Operational Excellence
- Gail Stephenoff, Executive Director – Analysis & Reporting
And to Tamar Chute, the University Archivist, who gave a fascinating presentation. The blog for Archives can be found here: From Woody’s Couch
We also would like to thank the University Ambassadors who provided an informative campus tour.
Welcome again to Enrollment Services and OSU!
The ES Manage Up Planning Committee is hosting a special event to familiarize all ES staff members who are new to the university with some of the history of OSU. This includes topics such as the founding of the university, student traditions and activities, buildings on campus, and Ohio State then-and-now. The speaker at this event is University Archivist, Professor Tamar Chute. She is the co-author of The Ohio State University Trivia Book and an instructor for the course “The Ohio State University: Its History and Its World.” In addition, members from the Executive Leadership team for Enrollment Services will introduce themselves and their areas of responsibility. The event will be followed by a campus tour.
Invitations went out directly to the identified staff members, and a notification email went out to their managers. Please contact Rand McGlaughlin.3 with questions.
Thank you to all of our presenters for sharing the following information at our August 4, 2017, meeting!
- Operational Excellence – Presented by Raegan Schneider, HR Director; David Parker, Senior Fiscal Officer; Rich Chappell, Executive Director GP Admissions
- The Enterprise Project – Presented by Ron Salyers, Sr. Director IT; Alison O’Neal, SFA/Buckeye Link Consultant
- Manage Up Website – Presented by Marissa Cirker, Manage Up Committee