Hello 4-H Families,
Fall is here! I don’t know about anyone else but it is my favorite time of the year. Changing leaves, warm apple cider, hay rides, and my favorite; COOLER WEATHER! As we get ready for the winter months now is a perfect time to start thinking about what 4-H project you are going to take next year. Just a few reminders: every club must meet at least 6 months out of year, all club members and club advisors must be enrolled in 4honline, 4-H members taking multiple projects please make sure you are registering those projects in 4honline and if you are not taking a project anymore take it out of 4honline.
4-H Super Saturday!
Lucas County 4-H is hosting their 2nd annual 4-H Super Saturday this Saturday, October 9th from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Lucas County Fairgrounds in the 4-H Clubroom. It is open to anyone age 8-18 and it is FREE this year. You do not have to be member of 4-H to attend so if you have friends that want to get a taste of 4-H then invite them as well. With over 200 projects available to take you might not know about some of the new projects (or maybe even some of the old projects). We are going to explore 6 different projects areas through hands-on activities. Some of the activities will even give you a kick start on completing the project. The 6 project areas include:
- Edible Landscapes
- Science Fun With Electricity
- Seeing Through Graphic Design
- Getting Started in Art
- Cake Decorating
- All About Dogs
Click here to register: http://go.osu.edu/SuperSaturday
- March 1- Re-enrollment deadline
- April 1- New enrollment deadline
- July 11-July 17- Lucas County Fair
- July 21-July 24- Lucas County 4-H Camp
- January 20- Lucas County 4-H Advisor Training
Join us on Facebook!
Check out all of the most up t0 date information on what’s happening in 4-H throughout the county and around the state. www.facebook.com/Lucas4H
State 4-H Leadership Camp
Leadership Camp Info:
- Date: June 1-5, 2022 (camper check in at 2:00 p.m.; Dismissal at 10:30 a.m.). Full time attendance is required.
- Location: 4-H Camp Ohio, St. Louisville, Ohio
- What: The Ohio 4-H State Leadership Camp is a premier leadership development opportunity that offers participants engaging sessions in topics such as motivation, courage, teamwork, and more! While at camp, participants are actively learning AND teaching their peers!
- Who: Teen 15-18 as of January 1, 2022 and mature 14 year olds (as determined by the county 4-H professional) who have significant leadership potential or experience in their home county’s 4-H program.
- Camp is designed for participants to attend one time. However, individuals may attend for 2+ years, if space is available. Scholarship dollars are only to be used for first time in-person attendees.
- What do they do? Participants will develop concrete peer leadership skills that will enable them to have an immediate impact in their home 4-H club, county, community, or school. Participants will leave camp ready to take on new challenges.
- Cost: Cost is $285/person. There is funding available for a scholarship.
- How do I attend? Contact Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.
2021 Ohio State Fair Results
The results from the youth competitions that took place during the 2021 Ohio State Fair can be found here.