Global Awareness

It is important to have an appreciation for all of the differences in the world. I have already tried to expand my knowledge of the world by being president of my high school’s Spanish Club, where I planned events to help my fellow students learn more about the rich culture in many Spanish speaking countries. I also participated in an education two week trip to Spain, where I learned about the culture and got to work on my Spanish speaking skills. I do not want my awareness to end there.

Here at Ohio State University I hope to have the opportunity to complete a minor in Spanish, study abroad, and go to the many events on campus. By completing a minor in Spanish I will not only know another language, but I will also have taken classes that will deepen my knowledge of the history and culture that make Spanish speaking countries so unique. I would be honored to take part in education abroad, because as I learned through previous experience the more time you spend in a foreign place the more you learn. Finally I would like to take part in the FREE events here on campus that showcase the unique differences between cultures.