Module 3: Efficiency in the Digital Age

As for this module, what I am most impressed is the “Instant Gratification Monkey”.  I really agree with Tim Urban’s words. For those procrastinators, like me, they usually start to work until they have to. So if we don’t want to be a procrastinator, what we should do first is to find out why we choose to procrastinate. So from the course material, I think 3 reasons why students procrastinate. But for most people, I think the reason is they don’t have an exact deadline. So they don’t have the pressure to manage their time to the tasks and keep enjoying watching TV and series and so on. For those who have deadline, they always to choose to start the project until the last few days or even the last night.

So how can we manage our time more effectively? That’s also the most useful things I learned in this module- 10 minute rule and tracking your time. Breaking big things into small manageable tasks. After that, you’ll find it’s easier to finish the big job. Tracking your time helps me realize how much time I study and how much I waste watching series. Time is a my own choice. So, what I do in this minute is totally my own decision. Waste it or not is also my choice. I will use the 10-minute rule and track my time in the future to avoid being a procrastinator.