Artifact 2

This photo shows one of my favorite memories of my first semester at Ohio State, playing broomball. While I have been taking it slow getting involved on campus, broomball was one thing that I knew I wanted to do. I organized a team of about fourteen of my fellow first year Mount Scholars, and we were on our way. In our first game, we faced the best team in the league and lost 9-0. While that may sound devastating, we had such a blast trying out an unfamiliar sport and working together. We cheered loud and shared huge smiles and laughs during and after the game. This wasn’t going to be the most competitive team, but we would sure be competitive for the most spirited team. As the weeks went on, we continued to lose, but we only improved each game. This picture shows our team after our final game of the season. We lost in triple overtime to the other team of first year Mount Scholars, 1-0. It was by far the best broomball we had ever played, and I couldn’t have been prouder that we held them to only one goal, and not until the third overtime. For me, it isn’t about winning or losing, it’s how we played the game, and that was the best game of broomball I had ever seen my team play. My experience was not based on the success of my team, it was all about the journey and the good company, and this can apply to many other experiences in my college career.