Global Awareness: In the next 18 months, I hope to travel outside of North America and complete service work. I would like to go on a Buck-I-Serv trip to Ghana to serve in the orphanage and school that Ohio State partners with there. I am also planning on taking a class on African civilization so I can better understand the history and lifestyle of African people and culture.

Original Inquiry: Through my course on child development, I hope to put my findings on motor development in early childhood into writing.

Academic Enrichment: I am looking for many ways to prepare myself for my future as a special educator, including through all of my coursework. Not only am I taking courses relevant to my major through required courses, but I am also finding ways to make my GE courses enriching to my experience. I am taking courses relevant to children, study abroad, and special needs.

Leadership Development: I have had a great deal of leadership experience this year through being a co-chair of the Mount Scholars Service Committee. This has involved not only leading a group of my peers to work together to plan the projects, but also to motivate the first-year class of 110 Mount scholars who participate in our service events.

Service Engagement: Through my involvement with the Service Committee, and my year of service, I have had the opportunity to serve various organizations, but one that continues to be prevalent is the Mid Ohio Food Bank. I have coordinated various service events with them, as well as serving at a food pantry which gets food from the Mid Ohio Food Bank, and organizing a fundraiser for them.