Adrian’s Pre-Departure Post

There’s definitely a range of emotions that come with going on a big trip. I’m mostly excited for obvious reasons, getting to see a European city with a rich culture and history and of course beautiful architecture from a wide array of styles from medieval to modern. I’m excited to improve my sketching skills and appreciating the aforementioned architecture and culture. I’m excited to be able to travel without parents, instead with peers, in addition, going to London as a student rather than a tourist. I know it will an interesting and valuable experience for me as an architect and person so I genuinely look forward to this trip. Obviously packing, as it does for everyone, has been stressful, making sure I have all the things I need while I’m over there while also keeping space in mind. I’ve been to the airport before, including going overseas, however, going through customs is always a little stressful… All in all, this is all super surreal. It’s weird to me that I’m going to be in London in 24 hours. I almost don’t believe it! With that being said, I can’t wait for the plane to touch down in London, getting a good night sleep and getting to see the city we have been talking about all semester! I’m nervous but mostly excited as we get closer and closer to departure.