Carrick’s Bio

Hello everyone! My name is Carrick Reider and I am a Sophomore double majoring in Architecture and Italian, with a completed minor in City & Regional Planning. I was born and raised by my mom and dad in Upper Arlington, Ohio, along with my two older brothers just right across the Olentangy River west of OSU, and coincidentally right by Aimee’s house! My hobbies include playing the piano (specifically Rachmaninoff and Liszt), and am a self-proclaimed movie buff (and with it being Oscar season you can catch me at Gateway almost every other day). I also have always loved geography and history, so being in London around the time of the royal wedding and the birth of the new royal baby will be very exciting. I have been to London Heathrow Airport for a layover before, but never the city itself. That being said, I am fortunate enough to have travelled to Ireland 4 times Scotland twice, Nicaragua for a mission trip in high school, and Chile last spring break with Aimee. My Grandmother herself is a proud Anglophile, so going to London for my first time will be a lot of fun to report back to her. I am very much looking forward to this study abroad, especially in seeing sights such as the 2012 Olympic Park (another interest of mine is the Olympic Games, summer and winter), the British Museum, the Shard, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Carnaby Street, Harrod’s, and the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain (Rest In Peace). Looking forward to getting to know all of you before we embark to “The Big Smoke”!