Taste of OSU 2/21/2020 5-8:30pm

The Taste of OSU was put on by the Office of International Affairs, and it was an event that allowed students from many cultures to come together and share a piece of themselves with everyone through a performance or cuisine.  My favorite part of the Taste of OSU experience were the performances, especially the dance routines.  I have been dancing for sixteen years, and I very much appreciate what dance has the power to convey and how it is unique all over the world.  The performance I enjoyed the most was by the Japanese Student Association because their costumes were gorgeous, and the music and routine were so peaceful and beautiful to listen to and watch.  The other performance I really enjoyed was by the Students for Justice in Palestine and the Arab Student Union because it was very unique.  Their way of dance was very group oriented in the fact that each move was dependent on someone else being there with you, and it was incredible to watch because I am used to dancing to the same routine with everyone around me, but we are performing individually and not linked at the arms or hands.

In my opinion, the Taste of OSU should always continue because of the international influence it has and the appreciation it brings every student being able to learn more about our peers’ cultures.  This event also relates to International Affairs in every way because it is promoting cultural awareness and providing everyone with a greater global perspective.