Are you a Latinx leader?
The Latinx Leadership Development Institute, hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, aims to enhance the educational, social, and cultural activities that develop students’ leadership abilities. Here are some things to think about if you are considering applying…
- I identify as a Latinx student.
- I wish to become involved on campus.
- I want to be involved, but I don’t know where to start.
- I consider myself a leader or someone who wished to be a leader.
- I want a group of peers, mentors, faculty, and/or staff to lean on when I face things on campus.
- I want that group of people to be my family away from home.
- I want that group of people to help in my transition to college life.
- I want to learn more about my Latinx community and culture.
- I am available Tuesdays from 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
- I am willing to dedicate myself to this leadership cohort.
- Mandatory bi-weekly workshops
- Mandatory bi-weekly meetings with a current undergraduate or graduate student mentor.
- Mandatory attendance at the Opening Retreat and End of Year Reception.
- Participation in the development and completion of the mandatory cohort capstone project.
- Mandatory meetings with the Program Coordinator twice a semester for academic advising.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider applying to be apart of the 2018-2019 LLDI Cohort. We will provide you with resources and opportunities to explore who you are as a Latinx student here at The Ohio State University. We will also provide you with a close knit group here on campus that you can call home.
If you have questions feel free to contact Lauren Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.