We explore novel strategies to prevent and control viral infections such as SARS-CoV-2 & HIV through a better understanding of the innate and adaptive immune responses during infections.
Current studies focus on
- Understand the innate and adaptive immune responses to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection in patients and development of therapies and preventive strategies to COVID-19.
- Explore the role of Natural Killer (NK)/Innate Lymphoid Cells (ILC) and innate memory in the HIV vaccines (RV 144 like vaccine studies).
- Discovery of novel adjuvants that enhance HIV vaccine efficacy.
- Explore the regulatory role of NK/ILCs during HIV pathogenesis and Prevention.
- Understanding the immunopathology of HIV/TB, co-infections, and development of therapies and preventive strategies.