Artifacts

This artifact is from a Careers in Sustainability panel I attended on November 4th. I chose this event to signify one of the professional development experiences I had this year, as it allowed me to network with people in an industry I’ve been curious about exploring. I got to meet and hear from professionals in different areas of the environmental field, such as an architect/urban design planner, someone who worked in water treatment systems, and another who worked for the company Greenlots. The person who worked for Greenlots majored in EEDS at OSU and eventually worked his way into a role called Sales Engineering, a hybrid of sales and engineering that I didn’t know existed. He was really passionate about his job because he said he gave engineers a voice for their ideas but also got to utilize his sales and marketing skills. There were a lot of technical terms he used regarding clean energy and e-mobility but I could tell that he loved his job and that it was really meaningful. This experience was important to me because it opened my eyes to the different careers I could go into in the sustainability industry, but also learn that jobs exist out there that are a crossroads between business and sustainability. In the future, I want to attend more events like this that broaden my awareness of sustainability so that I can find a career path that combines both my interests in business and sustainability.