- PhD, Literacy, Cultural, and Language Education (with a focus in Language Testing), Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2016
- PhD, Minor, Inquiry Methodology: Educational Assessment & Psychological Measurement; Multivariate Statistics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2016
Awards & Grants
- Grant for Doctoral Research in Second or Foreign Language Assessment, Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Finalist for the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award for Second/Foreign Language Testing (2018 Jacqueline Ross TOEFL® Dissertation Award), Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- This award is to recognize doctoral dissertation research that makes a significant and original contribution to knowledge about second or foreign-language tests and testing and/or the use and development of such tests and testing.
- Staff Career Development Grant, Office of Human Resources, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Professional and Development Fund, Department of Teaching & Learning, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- International Conference Fund from Cultural Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Chicago, Taiwan’s Ministry of Education, Chicago, USA
- Assisted in analyzing large-scale educational and institutional data as a Statistical Graduate Assistant for more than three years at Indiana University, including for Division of Extended Programs, Campus Instructional Consulting, and Department of Literacy, Cultural, and Language Education.
- Taught English as a Foreign Language (EFL) for six years in a variety of settings in Taiwan, including Tunghi University, Shinmin High School, Nanhua Elementary School, Joy English School, and Gram English Center.
- Designed and taught English pronunciation classes to adults and children so her master’s research in the field of TESOL focused on phonetics and phonology, issues in instruction of pronunciation and English phonics (letter-sound correspondences), early literacy, and Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL).