Welcome to the new Ohio State Lima Wellness blog. Here you’ll find all kinds of great information about maintaining – and improving – wellness in all areas of your life.
WHO WE ARE –
Ohio State Wellness is the home for both the OSU Lima Student Wellness Center and the OSU Lima Counseling & Consultation Services. We are a part of Student Life at Ohio State Lima and both have the over-arching goal of improving students’ lives – not just their academic performance, but helping them live happier, healthier, and well-informed.
Student Wellness Center – the SWC is a student-led program that provides many key services for OSUL students. The SWC is manned by trained student volunteers who have extensive knowledge and experience working with all 9 dimensions of wellness.
- Wellness Coaching – Our SWC Wellness Coaches offer one-on-one peer coaching for other students. Coaching meetings can be related to any area of wellness, but common topics include study skills, stress management, time management, getting involved on campus & making new friends, budgets and managing financial aid money a semester at a time, and tips & tricks for healthy eating on a budget.
- Outreach Events – Throughout the year, Wellness Coaches plan and implement a variety of events aimed a improving student wellness in some way. Past events have included cooking demonstrations for eating healthy on a budget, recyclables trade-ins for seedlings, free balloons for National Random Acts of Kindness Week, finger painting, hula hooping, and many more!
Lima Counseling & Consultation Services – LCCS is the Ohio State Lima office for student mental health. We provide services such as assessment, diagnosis, brief psychotherapy, consultation, and referrals for students with a wide-array of mental health concerns. Students seek services from LCCS for reasons as varied as homesickness, clinical depression & suicidal thinking, social anxiety, test anxiety, ADHD, relationship concerns, grief & loss, coming out issues, and many others.
- All services are completely free for currently enrolled Ohio State Lima students.
- All services are confidential – our clinical records are kept separate from academic records and we don’t talk with parents, professors, or anyone else about who comes to counseling or what happens during counseling. There are some legal exceptions to this, such as when an individual is a danger to him/herself or others.
HOW TO USE THE SERVICES –
To see a Wellness Coach, check the hours posted outside the door (or on our Facebook page) for times that a Coach is available, and just walk in. You may also email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
To see one of the therapists / counselors at LCCS, you may call, email, or stop in to make an appointment.
- Samantha Haudenschield, Psy.D.: firstname.lastname@example.org / 419.995.8272 / GA 107C
- Gail Nelson, LSW, MSW: email@example.com / 419.995.8698 / GA 107B