Personal Changes Since Coming to College

So many aspects of my life have changed since coming to college, but for me the biggest change has been how I have become more comfortable with myself and who I am. In high school, I was extremely self-conscious and found it hard to be myself. I tried to be a perfect person and fit into a mold that others made for me. I was afriad that if I didn’t act in certain ways people wouldn’t like me or want to be me friend. College for me has been a blank canvas where I have the oppportunity to paint myself as I am. At first I was reluctant to be myself as I still had my fears from high school, but I pushed my fears aside and acted like my true self. Much to my surprise, I started to befriend some really awesome people! I am one hundred percent happy with my decision to be myself because not only did it allow me no meet fantastic people, but also has eased so many of my worries. As I continue on with my undergraduate experience, I hope that I am able to become evern more comfortable with who I am and continue on this journey of self discovery. Although I have come far from where I was in high school, I know that I stiil have progress to make regarding my self-esteem. I hope that I’m able to get to a point where I can accept that I will never be perfect and be completely comfortable with who I am.