GLOBAL AWARENESS: 

I hope to work towards the goal of global awareness in multiple ways. For example, I hope to study abroad during my time at Ohio State. I have always loved to travel and explore new cultures. By studying abroad I can not only get credit for classes but also can better my understanding of the world. I also plan on taking classes that foster my understanding of diversity such as women’s, gender, and sexuality studies.

ORIGINAL INQUIRY:

I plan to take part in original inquiry by getting involved in undergraduate research. Although I am not exactly sure what I would like to research at this point, I know that I being a part of research is a large part of my goals as a student here at Ohio State.

ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT:

I will enhance my academic experience by exploring classes outside my major in order to build myself into a well-rounded person. I will also be minoring in music so I can expand upon my education and broaden my horizons. My courses show my commitment to developing a program that goes beyond the basic requirements because they expand beyond the science classes I will be taking for my major.

LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:

I hope to develop my leadership skills by getting an internship. Not only will this help me to become a better leader, but it will also help to determine what career options are best for me. I also want to get an officer position in the Women’s Glee Club. This will allow me to give back to something that I love and develop crucial leadership skills.

SERVICE ENGAGEMENT:

As I stated in the previous section, I hope to become an officer for the Women’s Glee Club so I can give back to the group. I also hope to get involved with service opportunities in the Columbus community to help me to grow as a person and citizen.