Scholarship Information for 2024 Applicants
Ohio State Beekeepers Association supports new young beekeepers through our Youth Scholarship Program. We realize that the success of a new beekeeper is not reliant on the student’s work and money alone but on the partnership’s effort. Thus, the Youth Scholarship Program encourages the participation of parents/guardians, 4-H/FFA Ohio advisers, local Ohio associations, and mentors. For 2024 there will be 10 scholarships available: 5 designated for 4-H and 5 designated for FFA.
While the document below explains the program guidelines in detail, here is a quick overview:
- Students must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the scholarship year (2024), be a member of 4-H / FFA, and be enrolled in public, private, or home school.
- The applicants must complete and return the application by Saturday, September 16th, 2023.
- The selection committee will carefully consider each candidate and select the finalists on the completion of their application.
- The OSBA Youth Scholarship winners will be announced on Saturday, October 7th, 2023.
The selected Partnership Program Scholars will receive:
- Woodenware and tools for two hives (see attached document)
- 1 – year free membership to the OSBA, with an electronic newsletter
- 1 – year subscription to American Bee Journal
- 1 – year subscription to Bee Culture
- Free attendance at the OSBA Fall Convention (including 2 guests)
Download the 2024 Program Documents and Application. If you have any questions, please contact the OSBA Youth Scholarship Program by email at email@example.com or call 419.438.7335. Completed applications are due by Saturday, September 16th, 2023.
To download the application, please visit https://ohiostatebeekeepers.org/youth-scholarship-program/