Ohio 4-H is seeking qualified teen applicants to attend the National 4-H Conference in March! The National 4-H Conference is March 19-24 in Washington, D.C. (or, if choosing virtual programming – March 20-24). It is specifically focused on civic engagement, civic education, and personal development. Delegates arrive to D.C. ready to connect, learn, engage, lead and impact their communities, their nation, and their world. Additional information can be found in the application (2022 National 4-H Conference Application) or at the links below. Selected Ohio 4-H teens will receive full scholarship coverage to attend National 4-H Conference (travel, housing, registration fees).
Ohio expects to be represented by 3-6 teens from across the state, characterizing core values of leadership, diversity, and civic engagement. We are seeking qualified candidates who represent the Ohio 4-H program positively and who have a passion for youth voice in public issues.
Important information to note:
- Applicants can be a 4-H member from any county in Ohio!
- Applicants must be 15-19 as of January 1, 2022
- Pending the application process of youth choosing the virtual or in-person experience, we will determine the number of delegates representing Ohio given our funding available.
- Applicants must complete the application (link above), including essays (no more than 2 pages total), and attaining signatures in order to be considered.
- Applications (and all supporting materials) must be received by January 24 at 11:59 p.m. to Kayla Oberstadt at email@example.com.
- When applications are reviewed, the corresponding 4-H educator will be contacted for a reference for the identified candidate. No documentation or signature is required from the 4-H educator prior to application.
- More information about the conference: https://4-h.org/parents/national-4-h-conference/
- You may enjoy viewing the video from a past National 4-H Conference to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWI1M5yKBUI
Please contact Kayla Oberstadt at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.