January starts a new year, let’s make a new you. We are excited to offer New Year, New You: Making YOUR Best Better (targeted at youth in 5th-8th Grades). We will tackle topics that will help you be informed to make the best choices for the best you. You will receive a fun swag bag in the mail when you sign up that contains items that relate to the weekly topics. Each week we will have guest speaker(s), activities, and time to talk with other youth when we meet for about an hour.
You are invited to join New Year, New You: Making YOUR Best Better series being held on Sundays February 7 – March 14. These sessions will be held virtually on ZOOM from 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. The flyer below provides a brief description and information on how to register. More information will be given to youth once registered.
Weekly session topics:
- February 7 New Year, New You, and the Awesome Things You Can Do!
- February 14 Boys, Girls, Crushes and Feelings…Oh My! What’s Appropriate, Safety & Etiquette.
- February 21 TikTok, Snapchat, Insta are They Just Fun? Seriously is Human Trafficking a Thing?
- February 28 Work’n for a Live’n…jobs, image, and beyond.
- March 7 What’s up with Vaping, Marijuana, and Alcohol?
- March 14 New Year, Healthy You! Be Your Best Physically, Mentally and Emotionally
Hurry to register! Spots and swag bags are limited. Participants will receive up to $40 worth of fun, useful swag items. To register go to go.osu.edu/spinnyny Registration deadline is January 15!!
Parent/guardian note: Are you convinced this is a good activity, but your child isn’t sold? May we suggest a conversation where you express these are important topics for your child to learn more about and you set a family goal with an incentive for him/her to participate.