While Skillathon stations will not be offered in person during the Hartford Fair this year, we ask that you register for the State Skillathons – as we will use those contest scores to recognize Hartford Fair exhibitors during the fair! All youth who intend to complete a skillathon must register online by July 15th, with species skillathons being held on the designated dates / times listed below (all will be completed prior to the Hartford Fair)…
Skillathon Dates (pre-registration required by July 15th):
- Horse Skillathon: Thursday, 7/23/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Goat Skillathon: Friday, 7/24/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Dairy Skillathon: Saturday, 7/25/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Sheep Skillathon: Wednesday, 7/29/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Dog Skillathon: Monday, 8/3/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Poultry Skillathon: Tuesday, 8/4/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Swine Skillathon: Wednesday, 8/5/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Beef Skillathon: Thursday, 8/6/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Rabbit Skillathon: Friday, 8/7/2020 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
How to Register:
- Registration is due by JULY 15, 2020.
- Please register by visiting: www.go.osu.edu/skillathonregistration
- Please answer all of the survey prompts.
- All exhibitors with need an email address specific to that exhibitor that can be used as your log-in credential (this is also where the first-time registration will be).
- For example, a family with 3 children participating must have a unique email address for each child.
- School email addresses are discouraged, as we have found that some school email systems block external emails generated by the Scarlet site.
- If the child completed the 2020 QA Test-Out on Scarlet in May, please feel free to use their same email address, as they will already have an account…
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- All Skillathons are open to any Ohio 4-H member, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level, to age 18 as of January 1, 2020, and FFA members.
- You do not have to exhibit a particular species to participate in that species Skillathon.
- Any specific rules for an individual species will be outlined on the testing site.
- Skillathons will be delivered through Scarlet, a university-approved distance learning site. You must have access to a mobile device or computer with ability to access the internet.
- Even though the Skillathons are online this year, each Skillathon must be taken by the youth only without assistance from family or friends.
- There will be 4 stations in each Skillathon that will make up 4 separate, timed modules. Each station will have a time limit (typically 5 minutes per station).
- If your child requires any testing accommodations, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make accommodation arrangements.
- Results will be posted for each age category, age division, and overall after the Skillathon is completed. Participants will receive an email with a link to view the results.
Plans are incomplete at this time regarding whether or not livestock project books will be collected and graded, or project interviews held, during the Hartford Fair – and it may indeed vary by species. Additional details will be shared once more information is known.