The Ohio Corriedale Club will award two Corriedale ewes to a 4-H or FFA member that is interested in starting a flock of Corriedale sheep.
The applicant must follow these guidelines:
1. The applicant must complete an application with an essay answering the questions below.
2. All ewes must be managed by the recipient with the assistance and approval of parents or guardians.
3. The recipient must be of 4-H or FFA age the year the ewes are awarded.
4. The recipient must provide adequate facilities and feed for the ewes.
5. The recipient of the ewes or immediate family members must not own Corriedale sheep at the time of application.
6. The recipient should keep the ewes for at least two lambing seasons.
7. The ewes should be a part of the 4-H or FFA member’s project and be exhibited at least at the Junior Fair Sheep Show at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus during the year the ewes are awarded.
More information along with the application can be found here.