Sketchbook Prompts

Choose a natural object and draw it multiple times– I really like tress because I enjoy being in nature so I drew multiple parts of trees.  Something else to notice is that the trees that are darker look more creepy and even look like it is dark outside, while the lighter ones look a little more friendly and like it is light outside.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Draw from a memory- Pumpkins are an important part in my family and we have a lot at our house in the fall.

Choose an object that has obvious light and dark spaces- In this flower I used a white pencil to make the light parts of the flower lighter and I tried to make the dark parts obviously darker.

Black out a page and erase parts of it- In this drawing I made the page pretty dark and erased parts in a wave pattern and then added dark marks in a wave pattern to try to get an ocean at night look.

Make various marks and draw in different Styles- In this drawing there were carious textures ranging from fur, to the smoothness of nose and the tree branch it is hanging on.

Doodle Drawing

Observation Drawing- I was watching tv and I saw this and wanted to draw it.

Draw a Piece of Fruit

Foliage Drawing

Draw an Animal from Observation.  I drew this based off a picture that I took of my dog.  Below is the picture of her.

Take a Walk.  The weather was snowy/ rainy, so I drew from a picture that I had already taken.