Year In Review

Spring 2019 semester is almost ended, my freshmen year is almost ended as well. When I paused and look back to what I did for my freshmen year, I think the most important thing is planning. In the beginning, I choose my major because I love math and I want to do math in real life but I know nothing else about this career. By the times going on, I know more about what course that I need to take and make the four years of study planning for an actuarial science career. And later on, I went to a couple of presentations that actuarial science club planed, and I know more about the actuarial exams and what I skill that I should have before I went out for internships. I start to pay attention to the skills that I need to gain outside school time such as python.

But sometimes things do not go as well as my expectations. Sometimes all things are crowded together and I just can get things done. During my freshmen year, I find out that I am lack of the skill of multitasking. I can not handle so many things at the same time. I think that I had improved a lot throughout the year. And I think that this is a really important skill that I need to keep working on it for the future.

In the end, I think this is a great year for me. Because I feel that the scholar program gives me a lot of opportunities that other international student would not be able to have. And I am actually growing up from a high school student to a college student in a real way. And I am really looking forward to another great year to be spent with scholar programs.