Artifacts 2

For Scholar Seminar that we need to interview a professor about their research project. I went to interview professor Nuo Sun. He is focusing on the research of heart disease, especially focus on congestive heart failure. According to the report that the global population starts to get older and older and, the geriatric disease seems to be a big part of it. He thinks that if the scientist can research on this career it will benefit the human in the future. And he mentioned that when he was doing the research he is always so clear about what he wants, so he will always focus on the main goal that he need to do. So that he always knows what he wants and he never fell there is too much work and he can’t handle this anymore.

After this conversation, I learned that attitude is really important for me and it would really affect me in the career I am studying in. This conversation did give me a little hint about how can I get through my current situation because I think I have too much work and I don’t kn0w what should I do for this. I am also trying to find where am I going, I can’t decide for what I am going to do for the next four years, and professor Sun gives some suggestions on what I should do for now. I think this helps me a lot. I will always remember that I need to find my main goal throughout my life, and no matter what happens the only thing I need to do is Working towards my main goal. The Goal will change over time but my passion for that goal should never change. I think many of my peers are also facing the same kind of situations now, and I think I get a chance to talk to a person who had already get through this situation and works well in this career I think this could help me to build up my motive to move forward and help me to deal with my situation in the current stage. This activity makes me step out of my comfort zone because I need to start and lead the conversation all by myself, and I am not a person who really like to speak up, and this activity challenges me a little bit.