Meet the Lab – Rithika Nidimusali

Rithika Nidimusali (She/Her/Hers)

Research Assistant, BS in Neuroscience, Minor in Global Public Health

I am currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in neuroscience with a minor in global public health. My commitment revolves around recognizing and alleviating health disparities in diverse communities, with a specific emphasis on the LGBTQ community.

What drew you to a public health education? 

I was drawn to a public health education by my aspiration to become a physician and my desire to comprehend the interconnectedness of health and societal factors influencing patient well-being. Recognizing that health outcomes are not solely determined by medical interventions, I sought a broader understanding of the social, economic, and environmental determinants that contribute to health disparities. A public health education provides me with the knowledge and tools to address these broader factors, allowing me to approach patient care with a more holistic and informed perspective.

How do you spend your time outside of academia? 

Outside of academia, I indulge in my passions for thrifting, upcycling, and sustainability. I find joy in exploring thrift stores, discovering hidden gems, and repurposing items to give them new life.