IMG_20150826_145441

Hi, My name is Clay Lewis and I am a first year pre-mechanical engineering student here at The Ohio State University. I come from a family of 3 children, all which are boys, and I land in the middle. I am from Zanesville, OH and graduated from West Muskingum High School. Zanesville and West Muskingum School District are part of a very rural area located about fifty miles east of Columbus. I lived on seven acres of land and graduated from a class of only 120, so, OSU is a new and very different experience for me. I was very active throughout my high school career. I was involved throughout the music department, in which I played trumpet. I was a member of the marching band, concert band, jazz band, and pep band. I was also involved in the drama department through playing in the orchestra for the school productions of “Bye, Bye, Birdie” and “Beauty and the Beast” along with being on stage as Eugene in “Grease” and Fyedka in “Fiddler on the Roof.” I was also involved in various clubs outside of the music department, including: Future Business Leaders America, National Honors Society, foreign language club, ski club and TEAMS (Test for Engineering Aptitude, Mathematics, and Science.) Within these many organizations I held various leadership roles such as: Secretary of the West Muskingum class of 2015, Squad Leader in the marching band, section leader in all other bands, Vice President of National Honors Society, Vice President of foreign language club, and co-student-adviser of ski club. I am excited to be a part of The Ohio State University community and hope to get as involved here as I was in high school.

My Gallup StrengthsQuest Strengths Include:

1. Restorative
  2. Individualization
  3. Achiever
  4. Analytical
  5. Responsibility